Sunday, February 22, 2009

Spring is coming!

I just noticed yesterday that my daffodils (or maybe jonquils - I can never tell the two apart) are peeking out already! I personally think it is too early but who am I to argue with Mother Nature? I am surprised to see them coming up already when the crocuses haven't even started. Last year I had tons of foliage and very few flowers - not sure why because every other year they have looked great. Keeping my fingers crossed that this year they actually do something! If I still only get a flower or two I will have to remember to dig them up in the fall and divide them.
Today I need to investigate how to hang a 'catch all' under my bird feeders - the hulled shells are a disgusting mess - not to mention the sunflower seeds hinder other things from growing. The no mess bird seed is always an option but I can never find it in a 20+ pound bag. I think I may start filling the suet feeders with yarn, string, dog hair, etc so my little friends can start building their nests. If my Spring bulbs are coming up that means the migrating birds will soon be here too.

No comments: