Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Victory Garden is COMPLETE!

So after MUCh hard work Tom and I finally got the Victory Garden set, We have peppers. tomatoes, corn, edamame, beans potatoes and onions growing right now. This is a far cry from this . We did so much digging, tilling and weeding and it is no where near close to completion. The weeds over there grow in seconds.
I planted the corn just last weekend and they are already coming up. Considering that corn is a whole new vegetable for me I wasn't sure what to do. But again, if something wants to grow it will. The beans are looking really good and the edamame is just starting to come up. I am concerned about the Delicate squash. The stems looks a bit ragged but there is still new growth coming from the top so I guess I will just wait and see. The potatoes are growing like wild fire. I already started to mound them - especially the Yukon Gold. I think some of the 'seeds' may have moved underground, or decided to grow hoever they like, because some of them are too close for comfort right now. Well I guess I will only get 15 pounds instead of 20!

No comments: