Friday, March 26, 2010

Well, Hello Snow!

I wasn't able to get a picture of the snow before heading out to work this morning but yup, in typical New England fashion it is snowing today. I planted three types of peas last Saturday - Dwarf Grey Sugarsnap, Snowbird and Sugarsnap. Hopefully they are hardy enough to withstand the freezing temps that are expected tonight. My buttercrunch lettuce also made it into the garden and not too sure if that will survive either. Thankfully I still have tons of seeds left to try again.
I was able to get my three different tomatoes - Sungold, Chocolate Cherry and Green Zebra - into peat pots on Sunday. I have them on top of the fridge right now and everyone except the Zebra has started to sprout. The Winterbor Kale is coming along nicely in the south facing window in the bedroom. Soon the tomatoes will join them. If the snow/rain/slush will hold off this weekend I am planning on getting the corn gluten down - better late than never. The Dogwoods from Arbor Day also need to find their permanent home this weekend. Fingers crossed that Mother Nature cooperates.

No comments: