Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Picking up the mess

Woah! Yesterday's storm left a crazy mess. The rain came down so hard and heavy it looked like hail. My poor melon and delicata squash seedlings may not have survived : (
The corn/spaghetti squash plot is flooded - so much for good drainage.
However the potatoes are still standing. The ones I found growing in my compost bin and replanted look great! The ones I planted from my organic produce delivery - not so much.
There are branches, twigs and bunches of leaves everywhere! And the city doesn't do a yard waste pick up for another two weeks. I already have two full barrels (courtesy of my neighbors weeds and overgrown shrubs). We don't have a dump here and I don't own a chipper. I would really like one but they cost a lot!
So here are some more pictures of things in bloom here:
Astrantia growing alongside the bush

Nora Barlow Columbine

Ok, so not technically a bloom but this painter's palette is growing like crazy - everywhere! It fills in the shady areas nicely

And last but not least the Lamium

No comments: