Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Ready for veggies!

The garden is all dug out and edged and ready for planting. I bought tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, two different types of lettuce, basil, and red and green peppers. I tilled the soil with a bunch of compost and am ready to plant this weekend.

I also have morning glories, sweet peas, moonflowers and verbena to plant - majority of that is going inthe newly "corn gluttoned" yard. Hopefully the verbena will grow and trail like it is said to do, the last time I tried to grow from seed the darn squirrels got at it and I got nothing!

Which brings me to another topic - I am hell bent on keeping those squirrels out of my garden, last year I saw a number of them running across my porch with a tomato in their mouth! I do all the work and they real all the rewards. I have put down critter repelant over the past few weeks and it doesn't seem to deter them - they walk right over it. Where there is a will there is a way and I am determined to kepp them from stealing my hard earned crops!

No comments: