Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The season has begun!

So here is the first zucchini of the season! I let it get a little too big totally by accident. I didn't even realize it was there! The plants are growing out of control and it is hard for me to see under those massive leaves, but today it was rescued!

I also have a few sugar snap peas which I think are ready to harvest, but what do you do with 6 peas?!?! I have never grown these before so have no idea what to expect.

The tomatoes and cucumbers are doing pretty well, the Thai hot peppers are a complete wash. I guess peppers are just not my thing because last year the red and greens didn't grow well either.

Now the front yard is a different story. I bought 12 tradesentia from Spring Hill Nursery and only 5 have come up. The front walk looks absolutely ridiculous! Not to mention the unsightly daffodil foliage that refuses to die. And that is just salt in the wound because they didn't bloom either!

So my next stop after this post is to contact Spring Hill and take them up on their life time guarentee. Will let you know how that works out!