Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Vegetable Garden

What a busy, busy day! After 6 hours outside I accomplished planting 25 of the 50 strawberry plants, set up the spring garden to hold three types of peas (sugar snaps and snows), and some spinach (the carrots and radishes will go out next weekend) removed all the thatch from the front yard, set up and loaded my compost bin, and cleaned up some of the worst areas of the yard. Not to mention refilling the hole my dog keeps digging under an evergreen bush. That was done three times. Drives me crazy no matter what I do he will not stay out of there - but I guess it is better unseen under the bush than some place else. I was hoping to get more done but that thatching took longer than I expected and worked more muscles than I thought. What a workout! It is supposed to rain all day tomorrow so all indoor work I guess....

No comments: