Friday, March 28, 2008

Arbor Day is early this year

So I joined the Arbor Day Foundation and as a gift for joining I just received TEN trees!
2 Sargent Crabapples
2 Eastern Redbuds
2 Washington Hawthorns
2 White Flowering Dogwoods
2 Goldenraintrees
And as an added bonus I also got a fragrant lilac shrub. I have no idea where these are going to go, but my sister expressed interest in the crabappples and I am thinking of giving one of the dogwoods to another sister. Other than that, I am stumped (no pun intended) as to where the others are to go. I do have about two years to figure it out though. The foundation recommends planting them in a 'tree nursery' to get them started for a year or two and then transplanting them to their permanent location. Now I just need to find a spot to plant this nursery : )
And lastly - it snowed today. Ugh - when will it stop?!?

No comments: