Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fetilizer, paint and leaves - oh my!

So it had been two weeks since I put down the corn glutten - time to put down the N-lite fertilizer. I am really hoping that this all works out and provides me with a great lawn next spring. I will still sow some seed though. This year I was thinking fescue instead of kentucky blue because it is more drought tolerant and the rain barrel only supplies so much free water!
I also had three and a half hours to kill so I decided to paint the fence black. It came out great! I would show pictures, but I am waiting till I get all the plantings in so you can really see a "before and after" shot - no need to ruin the surprize!
Now onto the leaves and there were a plenty. The old oak tree in the back is certainly putting down a serious amount of dead foliage this season. Four very large barrels filled this weekend and that didn't even put a dent in what was left on the ground. The arborist (aka tree cutter) will be here on Thursday to trim and prune the old guy, hopefully he does a good job and doesn't cut so much that it goes into shock!

No comments: