Thursday, April 7, 2011

Potato Grow Bags

My potato grow bags were delivered yesterday and I am impressed and hopeful. They seem sturdy enough but I am concerned about the stupid (albeit very smart) squirrels biting through them. I ordered them from Bed Bath & Beyond for $14.95 for a set of two. I got two sets which means I have four bags for my 2 pounds of potato seeds. There are drainage holes at the bottom and handles on each side. They also hold 55 liters of soil. That is a lot of compost that I need to make/buy!

For easy harvesting they have these velcro pockets on opposite sides.

While viewing those photos please excuse the dirty floor. Max, my older dog, is quite the messy eater and Freddie, the younger one, hadn't quite gotten around to 'Hoovering' before I snapped the shot.
The weather is looking promising for the next 10 days so I think I can get my peas planted out this weekend. I also need to de-thatch the lawn and put down my corn gluten. Fingers crossed that the weather holds!

No comments: