Sunday, April 3, 2011

Still Waiting for Spring

So according to the calendar it is Spring however, I think Mother Nature disagrees. Either that or she has a serious case of PMS. Friday was April Fools Day and this was no joke.

Yup, we got about 3 inches on April 1. Which obviously means my peas have not yet been planted. The ground is frozen solid - still!.

It has been in the mid 40's low 50's over the past couple of days so majority of the snow has melted but there is still random patches hanging around like the uninvited dinner guest.
The good news is that everything i planted last weekend has already begun to sprout! Well, everything except the Swiss chard, but I can be patient, it isn't like I can plant them outside anytime soon. I was also able to find a few more lights at a different Home Depot. I got 4 more but could really use another two. Once I add a few more starting trays to the shelves I will load another picture so you can see the final 'ghetto light system' I rigged up. It may not be fancy, but it works and that is all that matters!

No comments: