Sunday, June 24, 2007

GOTCHA!!!!


I think I hear TAPs playing...do you? Thank to my now good friends at Arbico Organics (www.arbico-organics.com) I have much less Aphids nibbling at my flowers and I think they will stay away from the veggies too! This is the Sticky Aphid Whitefly Trap that I bought and this particular one is hanging near the "once was infected" rose bush. Although it was too late to save the bush I at least got rid of those pesky buggers.
I also have two in my garden - one in between the two zukes - which I cannot show you because those two things are monsters right now. The second is hanging from the tomato cage because under inspection there looked to be an infestation - this is that trap.

I still have the crop guard that I bought from Arbico but it needs to be sprayed when there will be 12 hours of no rain - Friday it downpoured and Saturday the gray clouds were rolling in but nothing came of them. And well today I was just too darn lazy. A girl needs one day to relax - I am a full time working schmuck too!
And rest assured the trap in non-poisonous - it is also extremely easy to use and lasts all season - even through the rain! I haven't seen any "good" bugs caught to it, well except one spider that, I think, was going after easy prey - I tried to take him off w/o tearing anything but am not sure how successful I was - I release it back into the ground and hoped for the best.
I have an experiment running out back with my sugar bush watermelons so stay tuned for that!

No comments: