Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The sweet smell of Gardenia!


OK, so this particular post isn't related to my garden, or organic growing at all but I had to share the great news that my gardenia has sprouted another bloom! The first bloom was back in February I think - kinda weird time to bloom, but I won't argue. I originally had five buds - one bloomed, three fell off, and this is the final one. I also have a second plant that is much smaller and very sad looking but it is still technically alive and I just don't have the heart to throw it away. That one too has a bud forming! I keep these as house plants during the fall and winter seeing as New England is not a native environment for these beauties! I feed them acidic fertilizer to help them along during the not so great winter months and have had them for about three years now (maybe more). Right now the two pots are out on the front porch south facing and get the late-ish afternoon sun - which is where they sit indoors as well. Just a bit of beauty - can't you almost smell it - to make your day. I know it made mine!!!!

No comments: