Thursday, July 5, 2007

New arrivals to the Garden

Lots of activity going on in the garden over the past couple of days. Lots of new tomatoes, a whole bunch of new flowers on the cucumer plants and I now officially have two peppers growing. This picture quality is pretty poor, but I was so excited that they are actually growing I posted it anyway.



I have been self pollinating the zukes lately because I have noticed that all my female flowers are dying off and the zukes behind them too. I wasn't sure if I was doing it right so I only did a few and low and behold - I did it right!!! I have noticed a good number on the plants and am hoping I can get home from work in time tomorrow before they close so that I can pollinate them as well. I refuse to have these huge plants and nothing to show for it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.