Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bahn Mi - Sharon Style

So I recently read a recipe online about making Bahn Mi (a Vietnamese sandwich) and was intrigued. I didn't have all the right ingredients so I winged it.
I used - Watermelon Radishes, Carrots, Cucumber, Mixed Greens and Tofu. The best part was the 'sauce'. I mixed together mayo and Sriracha sauce. YUM! I was seriously licking the spoon. I great mixture of creamy spices. I will be using this on every sandwich I make, regardless of what it is made of, it is that good. I used the mandolin on all the hard veggies, threw in the mixed greens and stir fried the tofu with some sesame oil and a splash of soy sauce. Stuffed it all in a bun and dinner was complete. It wasn't as great as I had imagined but it wasn't bad and it was quick and easy.

No comments: