Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Southern Cooking Meets Northern Girl

So on today's menu was pulled BBQ chicken and southern fried cabbage. I was tired of eating 'asian salad' with all the cabbage I was getting so I searched around and found this recipe. I adapted it to my taste which means I added some spice! I deleted the oil, and fried the onions in the bacon grease for a minute before adding the cabbage and while that was cooking I added in some cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes. Mmm... much better. I also only used 1/2 a head of cabbage and doubled the bacon because bacon makes everything better : ) This is the result.

Slow cooked BBQ chicken is pretty self explanatory but I added in some McCormick Grill Mates Chipotle Pepper marinade to the mix to add, of course, spice! The end result - yum!
I have a bunch of frozen beans from last years harvest so I am looking around for some ideas for a casserole. I'm thinking the beans, some rice, cream of mushroom soup and some chicken. I think it may look like throw up but at least taste good. Stay tuned.

No comments: