Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm baackkkk!

Oh dear, I am a terrible blogger. I haven't updated this since July : (

I hope everyone had a great last half of 2010 and that your 2011 is starting off with a bang. So, again this year I am making the resolution to update regularly (I promise).

The two gardens last year were just way to much work and the excessive dry summer we had made it even harder. The Victory Garden house is now officially up for sale. Depending on how you look at this it is either good news or bad news. Good news in that I will have more time to blog; bad news that I won't have enough land to grow everything I want. Two sides to every coin, I guess. They are asking $379k for the house, down from $425k. But it still needs about $200k worth of work and that is if you are doing it yourself. I don't think it is going to sell, but I will play it safe and stay out of the yard. Tom and I were busted by the bank appraiser when we were cleaning up the yard last year. Not that the man was concerned, he totally understood why we did it, but I don't want to take any chances this summer.

So in addition to sharing my gardening trials and tribulations I am also going to start sharing my successes and failures in the kitchen. All of my produce is either home grown or delivered via Boston Organics so it does still fall into the organic category : ) And believe me I have had some colossal failures this year. Can you say Butternut Squash?

So the new year is here and many more posts are coming - organics honor.

And just one last thing
Happy (belated) holidays from Max and Freddie

No comments: