Friday, January 14, 2011

It's been a crazy few days

We got hit pretty hard with a Nor'easter on Wednesday as you can see...
And this picture is the same view as this one

I am not a huge fan of forsythias anyway - I would prefer to dig them all up and plant witch hazel instead and this might be my chance. These suckers are pretty hardy though. They have been in this yard for 45+ years and my Dad started them with 10 itsy bitsy twigs so I think they will survive. Not that I am not sentimental and I would feel bad about pulling out something my Dad worked so hard at growing but there are others out back and on the other side of the yard so his 'gardening prowess' would still be here in the yard : )
We lost electricity yesterday and boy was it a b-o-r-i-n-g day. I forget how much stuff runs off electricity. I thought I would do some laundry - nope. Then was going to watch/do my Rodney Yee yoga DVD - nope. Then I though of going online and investigating some companion plants for brussels spouts - again nope. I ended up reading 4 magazines, 1/2 of Tolstoy's Anna Karenina and organizing my pantry. Oh and of course shovel some more. Thankfully it came back on before it got dark and I could watch my Law & Order SVU. Now, on to the laundry, yoga and companion planting....

No comments: